Monday, January 02, 2006

the Wordpress vs Blogger Battle

So today I discovered the joys of WordPress.
Wordpress is another blogging "engine" that might beat out blogger for my current favorite blog site.  It allows for easy tagging of your posts, something I have been wanting from blogger since day one.

In fact, there are multiple things about the default set up that I enjoy in Wordpress.  The search engine feature is very nice, as is the easy adding of links and link categories.

Check out my basic Wordpress site here

I might eventually switch to Wordpress in the very near future.  There are just a couple things that blogger does better:
  • Ability to email to post new blogs (which is what I'm doing now).
  • Storage of pictures instead of just linking to them
  • spell checker.
If i can figure out work arounds for 2 out of 3 of those issues, I may leave blogger in the dust.
What do you think?  I'm still not ready to commit to a hosted solution, but is WordPress worth it? or will blogger get tags soon?