Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My new ibook

I've had my new ibook for a little less than a month now, and I really enjoy using it. I added as much RAM to it that I could, and bumped the standard 40 gig hard drive up to the 80 gig one. Its got built in wireless, bluetooth, and a decent battery life of around 4 hours.

I really just wanted to highlight one feature of the new ibooks that I find particularly amazingly useful: you can use the track pad to scroll up and down on pages, just by using two fingers instead of one. Its really like having the scroll ball of a mouse whenever you want it. Instead of going over to the little arrows and clicking them up or down, or even using short cut keys, I can just lower my index finger slightly and I am scrolling. Pretty cool eh?
I'll be sure to get back to the coolness of my ibook in some other posts, but that is my favorite feature so far.